Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rewarding Yourself

Do you Reward Yourself?

How do you treat yourself? When you made an accomplishment, how do you celebrate? When you stuck through a grueling day, or went through something painful, how do YOU say "I deserve this wonderful thing!"?


Here are some of the things I love to do that make life exciting and worthwhile for me...






Making it through a grueling day. I decided I didn't want that much pain and so instead of buying shoes, I went to treat myself to all the works I could think of putting on a tostada.






This is something I still don't get, but hope to have. The water droplets just looked cool and had to capture the shot. It kind of looks like foamy snow leopard spots.







March 28, 2014, 10:45 pm

Celebrating in a small way, by myself, getting into the Xanadu Studios Gallery online. 

My guy is out playing pool on his night. (Wonder how he did shooting that ball with the nice California earthquake we just had... ha ha! I laugh now, but was freaking out at the time, with paint bottles falling out of my shelves down on to the table below. Good thing there were no wet paintings there. Hmm, I need to fix that.)

Anyways, I text'd him the good news a few days ago about being accepted (like it was to Harvard for me), and he wrote excited for me: "Hot dam your gonna be rich nd .famos" (Stupid smart phones now 'days where this digital texting renders every other word mis-spelled. Sigh. They always do away with the things that really work for you in your life like the raised button slide out keyboards. Those were the absolute best. Now we have to find bluetooth attachments.

But he was wonderful saying, "Road trip to az he he he" (Arizona).

May be nothing. No one may buy, but it's at least a step toward exposure or seeing what else might happen. So good food it was here and no junk food this time. 


And now I get the whole night to myself and get to BLOG!! Yipee, huh? Actually, it is. While others are out partying, screaming at each other to hear, choking on bar-filled smoke, loving all that horrible music noise, I get the whole night here to myself in peace and quiet (that never happens), finally happy I get to let out and be me. I get to ramble, ramble, ramble, and no one will fall asleep, interrupt me, get annoyed with me insistent bend for quality or whatever, and maybe get some sleep for once, having let out all this excitedness.

Yes, I am so excited about this blog because I have exasperated myself last year looking for website solutions to no end, that will host all of who I am, mostly pictures of art to sell, without overloading the server and no matter what host I looked into, content is now not king, and am told to delete and downsize. HUH? I'M JUST GETTING STARTED! Where to put my empire, but on a free blog. Thank you so much, Blogger! 

I know you should get your own domain for even a blog, but I am really tired of handling so many domains and want to make things simple (just www.RuthCollis.com, for collecting, or www.ThickPainting.com for learning how to paint thick). I really can't wait any longer to get me out. Me is my mind and passion and life that I can't hold back anymore due to not knowing the resources. They say the successful ARE resourceful, than complain about not having the RESOURCES.

(Sigh) I don't know. I don't have the answers yet, but am tired of stifling myself just to breathe. If no one likes me where I am (working at UPS part time), then I'm just in the wrong spot (as usual). Same thing for you. If you're not being appreciated, it could be you and how you project yourself, I don't know, or it could just be that there's not mutual relating, interests wise. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with you; it just means to change to a different environment. 

So here, I hope to attract those who would appreciate who I am and what I have to offer by my mind set, values, and of course, impasto paintings that come to life.

(That was their chicken dumpling soup BTW. It was so-so, but I just love creamy soups.)


Ruth Collis










No comments:

Post a Comment