Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Copper Paradigm



Copper Paradigm
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
1.5 inch Finished Edges
12x12



*Only 1 available
To purchase this painting, see if it is available from Xanadu Gallery.



Especially aged paint created one-of-a-kind texture in this classy abstract of copper & red copper pearls, with accenting white pearl.

This painting is not a fingerpainting, nor was it made with brush... but yet made with a palette press-on & slide technique.

Upon seeing lumpy paint in the bottle, it was going to be discarded. When dumping all the paint out, I realized I couldn't just throw all this paint away, I thought I would try "wasting" it on a spare canvas sitting by. 

As I saw what unique fascination appeared, I realized I could not get this texture at will. If I added more lumps, it would not look the same. I would have to wait another 3 years for the paint to age like wine or cheese, to perfection. So this is a one of a kind.  

That's the "paradigm" part, where the realization of something makes this shift in your mind. You now see it in a different light.






Other ways to turn or rotate your painting:
















































No comments:

Post a Comment