Thursday, March 27, 2014

I Got Gallery Representation Today!!

Today I got gallery representation by this crazy weird spelled Xanadu Studios Gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona. I live in California. 




I can't believe it. It's such a beautiful gallery. Not really my style being South Western, but thought my path was to go alone and sell art on my site. I have had such technological barriers, trying to find server room, and aching to grow, have a blog and have everything in one place. No, everything's scattered across the web, just for me to be able to fit.



After 3 years of waiting lists of galleries around my area, that don't fit my work, this gallery signs me up overnight to their Xanadu Studio, which is an online extension of Xanadu Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ. They review the work to see if it is a fit for their gallery.

Those who sell well online get invited to have their work physically in the AZ gallery. The owner set this up to discover new art from all over & glean the best to present to their collectors. It is an incredibly ingenious idea of his, Jason Horejs, and so harmoniously opposite of the known art world. So this is a foot in the door for me.


Amazingly, they connect the artist with the collector, instead of keeping sales from being done behind the gallery's back, teach artists how to approach galleries, they sell my art for me on their website online with other reputable artists, AND they let me keep 80%, which is unheard of. 


AND they have me ship any sold art straight to the collector! And they even pay for the shipping, AND return back to me if the collector doesn't like it! How is this possible? Amazing! AND my uploads are unlimited! In fact, they encourage you to upload often so that you will be seen, since newest gets shown first.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
And best to my liking, all monies & presentation of my art is done online where I get to use my hot photos & don't have to stand awkwardly around a social setting!!! I didn't even have to be interviewed, just upload my art. How freaking amazing is this that fits my exact style & personality!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If I sell the art on my end, I send them 20%, & guess how? All through PayPal. How cool is this!

Most incredibly striking was the realization when reading these words from their acceptance letter: 

"You are now officially represented by Xanadu Gallery & this representation can help lend credibility to your site... I look forward to presenting your work to my collectors."

I kept wondering how real this was all day, that I actually have a gallery represent me, and in the digital form that seems to fit me well. So I have some Bio work to update & linking to their site. After updating my Wix site to link to the page they specified, I was pretty dar n pleased with how it turned out:





Love the black banner I made at bottom, and this will show on every page automatically. 


For the extreme frustration I have with Wix capping out my growth at 100 pages and bogging down with long waits to edit, I am so in love with how drag and drop easy it is to make changes (when it's working correctly, and beautiful the site looks. I just have to figure out how to get it functional so I can have room to grow.


I hope this turns out having a gallery represent me. Have no idea. Just love what I do and need the help. 8D



Ruth Collis

Available Paintings at Xanadu Gallery









No comments:

Post a Comment