Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Braiding Paint




Discover With Me...

Sculpture Painting Inventions Behind the Scenes


Braided Paint!
May 23, 2013 at 10:47 pm - by Ruth Collis




I’d like to start this this blog of my testing in the laboratory out with a bang, and show what thick acrylic paint is capable of now. This is really paint… a 2-strand twist, and regular 3-strand braid. I’d like to take this one to the copyright office, one of those discoveries I am just really proud of, made Monday, April 15, 2013. Who ever heard of braiding paint?


I got the idea to make a twist braid when I had need for making a flower stem bigger that had some pretty high impasto background waves behind it. Got carried away on such a fun discovery of making waves, I then needed to make this foreground flower stand out more. I guess the problem turned into an invention. And since I readily know how to make a twist braid with 2 strands stay together by the constant twisting braiding I do in my hair each day, this made a similar likeness pretty easy.

Interesting. This discovery could further be made into 3-dimensional woven baskets, braided horse’s hair, a person’s hair in a painting, or decoration around a vase. Just a few things thought of off the top of my head. In showing this around, some said it could be turned in to bracelets or ankle jewelry.

This is where by getting in and pushing to find a solution, opened up many other doors… and why a person who follows this method will never ever have artist’s block. One idea sparks 5 others. They will have more creative ideas than they can actually create… permanently. And that is just one of the things a person can do from an ever-growing list. Come with me to the next Laboratory entry, and the creative will start rubbing off on you too.









No comments:

Post a Comment